Our City and Guilds accredited training takes place over a 3 day course. It is an accredited module for the Health and Social Care Qualifications Level 2, verified by the West Cheshire College. Training is interactive and participative.
Acquired Brain Injury Training Schedule
- Areas and functions of the brain
- Causes of ABI
- Long term effects of ABI : physical, functional, cognitive & behavioural
- Challenges of communication
- Skills required to face these challenges
- What are compensatory systems?
- How they benefit the individual
- Considerations required before implementing them
- Importance of record keeping and its content
- Personality Changes and Challenging Behaviour
- Examples of challenging behaviour and how it can be managed
1 or 2 day bespoke, non-accredited training courses, tailored to suit the individual Client and their support team can be arranged.
Feedback from our previous courses include:
“Very informative and accessible. Lots of useful tips to take back to the workplace”
“Very interesting, ran smoothly and enjoyable”
“Excellent trainer and information”
“A very interesting and fascinating course. Lots of discussion of the subject and real life experiences”
“I enjoyed the course very much”
“Very good trainer, enthusiastic and very good group dynamics/creating atmosphere”
“Great exercises, material and group discussions”