Name Niamh Rigby DipCOT SROT
HCPC Registration No: OT26701
Job Title Occupational Therapist
Registered With Health and Care Professionals Council
Diploma in Occupational Therapy – 1996
NVQ4 Management – 2007
NVQ5 Management – 2007
BA (Hons) Fine ART – 1987
Post Graduate Degree in Education (Secondary) – 1989
Professional Memberships & Affiliations
Member of British Association of Occupational Therapists
Niamh qualified as an Occupational Therapist from St Bartholomew’s and the Royal London School of Medicine in 1996.
Niamh has been working as a consultant preparing reports under the Care Expert remit for N-Able Services since 2005.
Niamh has prepared expert reports on claimants with a wide range of injuries and medical conditions including complex brain injuries, neurological and orthopaedic injuries, pain syndromes, and visual impairments in both adults and children.
Niamh has specifically written a number of reports for people with upper limb injuries and associated pains syndromes.
Niamh has extensive experience of compiling Care Needs Assessments and Immediate Needs Assessments which have involved writing detailed and evidence based reports.
Niamh has undertaken preparation of Joint Statements further to discussion with the care expert from the other side. She has attended Bond Solon Courtroom Training and Bond Solon updates to Part 35 of the Civil Procedure Rules training.
In her current role of Service Manager of the Early Intervention Service of Wigan Social Services Niamh oversees the management and strategic direction of the Aids and Adaptations Team, Reablement Occupational Therapy Team, Assistive Technology (Telecare) Team, Moving and Handling Team. These teams are coordinated within the Early Intervention service with the aim of increasing independence, well being and health and identifying appropriate support packages.
Integral to Niamh’s current role in Wigan is the need for extensive experience of assessing functional deficits and making a range of recommendations to address these. The client base is extensive, encompassing adults and children with either physical, mental health, learning disability, sensory or neurological conditions.
The skills that Niamh has developed in her role as an Occupational Therapist and Early Intervention Manager have been invaluable in ensuring she delivers a high standard of Care Expert and Immediate Needs assessment reports.
Prior to her current post Niamh was the team manager of the Aids and Adaptations Team and Reablement Occupational Therapy Team. Before this she worked for Wigan Council as a senior therapist and has a broad experience of assessing adults and children to recommend adaptations, housing, manual handling techniques and specialist equipment to facilitate independence.
Niamh was also employed by Wigan and Leigh Health Trust where she developed rehabilitation skills in a variety of settings, including Acute Medicine and Surgery, Orthopaedics, Elderly Medical and Neurological rehabilitation. Her main duties involved providing rehabilitation to improve daily living skills and to organise safe discharge from hospital via equipment, minor adaptations and care recommendations.
Niamh originally qualified as a secondary school teacher of Art, French and Special Needs and worked in a state school for four years. This experience was invaluable in her Occupational Therapy career as it has enabled her to impart information and teach skills in an effective way, as well as working with children, parents and schools in a confident and informed manner. As a result she has considerable experience in assessing children with complex disabilities and recommending appropriate aids and adaptations.
- Effective Report Writing 2015
- Safeguarding Training 2015
- Care Act Training 2015
- Bond Solon Courtroom Skills Training
- Bond Solon updates to Part 35 of the Civil Procedure Rules – N-Able Services Limited
- Bond Solon Experts Meetings Training – N-Able Services – 2013
- Leadership Training – 2012
- Safeguarding Adults Training – 2012
- Mental Capacity Act Training – 2012
- Moving and Handling update Training – 2012
- Deprivation of Liberty Training – 2011
- Safeguarding Vulnerable Children – Wigan – 2010
- Mobius Workshop “Personalisation” – Wigan Council – 2010
- Putting People First Conference – Birmingham – 2010
- Freelift Stairlift Training – Provided by Freelift – 2010
- Bathing Solutions 2010 – Provided by ROK
- Equipment Solutions Training – Provided by Aid service – 2010
- Project Management Training – Wigan Council – 2009
- Children’s Seating and Posture – Disabled Living Centre – 2009
- Outcome Focused Intervention – Wigan Council – 2009
- Stairlift Regulations – 2009
- Completion of Diploma of Management Level 5 – Wigan Council – 2009
- NVQ 4 Management – 2007