Name: Rosy Edwards, MSc and BSc (Hons)
Job Title: Case Manager/Occupational Therapist
Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
BSc (Hons) Occupational Therapy; University of Glyndwr – 2011
MSc Advanced Occupational Therapy –2015
Professional Memberships & Affiliations
British Association of Brain Injury Case Managers (BABICM)
College of Occupational Therapists – Children, Young People and Families Specialist Section
Rosy joined N-Able Services in April 2011, since then she has worked with children and adolescent clients with acquired brain injury and complex disabilities as both a Case Manager and an Occupational Therapist.
Rosy has gained significant experience of working with clients with complex health needs, family issues, Statements of Special Educational Needs/Healthcare Plans, special education and further education provision, limited capacity, and complex behavioural and social presentations. Rosy has knowledge and experience of negotiating with statutory services in relation to the access of statutory funding and therapy services.
Rosy takes a client centred approach and acts as advocate for her clients to ensure their needs and wishes are considered in their best interest at all times. Rosy works closely with clients and the rehabilitation team to identify needs, set clear SMART goals and deliver rehabilitation programmes which are client centred and holistic.
Rosy provides clear and comprehensive assessments of client needs and is skilled in coordination, implementation, monitoring and review of multidisciplinary team rehabilitation programmes within the community. This includes sourcing of appropriately skilled rehabilitation professionals and support staff, coordination of regular team meetings and clinical supervision of support staff.
Rosy works with pre and post settlement cases and clients under the Court of Protection and Mental Capacity Act alongside their financial deputies. Rosy considers the ongoing considerations for capacity as her clients’ transition from childhood to adulthood.
As an Occupational Therapist Rosy has experience of working with clients with a wide range of behavioural, social and physical difficulties associated with acquired brain injury, other catastrophic injuries and long term conditions. Rosy has expertise in sourcing appropriate properties and recommending adaptations to suit her clients needs, therefore maximising their independence. Rosy is also adept at assessing the equipment needs required by children and young adults with complex physical needs.
Rosy qualified as an Occupational Therapist in 2011. She gained placement experience working in acute medicine, social care, rehabilitation, elderly mental health.
Rosy’s previous work history includes working as an NVQ assessor and Warehouse Manager. Rosy has also previously worked as a volunteer for Age Concern Wirral with the bereavement and befriending service.
- Sexual Activity and the Mental Capacity Act – St Thomas Training – August 2016
- Introduction to Motivational Interviewing (2 day course) – January 2016
- Poster presentation at the CSMUK, BABCIM and VRA Together conference – In rehabilitation, the benefits and limitations of using technology with children who have an acquired brain injury: a systematic review. November 2015
- Witness Familiarisation – Bond Solon – October 2015
- Brain Injury Rehabilitation Trust conference as part of the N-Able marketing team – October 2015
- Poster presentation at the International Paediatric Brain Injury conference – Using the Person, Environment, and Occupation framework to achieve effective functional outcomes in brain injury case management with children, young people and their families. September 2015
- Child Brain Injury Trust conference as part of the N-Able marketing team – March 2015
- Child Brain Injury Trust conference – March 2014
- Children and Young People Specialist Section Conference – November 2013
- Naidex National 2013 Moving and Handling seminar – June 2013
- Sensory Integration Network – Introduction to Sensory Integration – January 2013
- Enabling Safer Practice (Safeguarding) – December 2012
- Kidz up North Exhibition Dynamic Seating seminar – November 2012
- Participant assessor in trial of MOHO – ExpLOR standardised assessment – July 2012
- College of Occupational Therapy Model of Human Occupation Screening Tool Workshop – June 2012
- Effective use of Functional Skills Training programme – May 2012
- Child Brain Injury Trust Conference – Risky Business – February 2012
- United Kingdom Acquired Brain Injury Forum Conference – November 2011
- Seating Matters Specialist Seating Seminar – November 2012
- Child Brain Injury Trust Workshop – Don’t Judge a Book – October 2011